Northwest Brief Therapy Training Center
Working Assumptions about Children
Until proven otherwise, we believe all children want to:
* have their parents be proud of them.
* please their parents and other adults.
* be accepted as part of a social group.
* be active and involved in activities with others.
* learn new things.
* be surprised and surprise others.
* voice their opinions and choices.
* make choices when given an opportunity.
© 2002 Insoo Kim Berg
Return to Home Page
Return to Solution-focused Brief Therapy Page