Northwest Brief Therapy Training Center
Working Assumptions about Parents
Until proven otherwise, we believe all parents want to:
* be proud of their child.
* have a positive influence on their child.
* hear good news about their child and what their child is good at.
* give their child a good education and a good chance of success in life (however they define it).
* see their child’s future as better than theirs.
* have a good relationship with their child.
* be hopeful about their child.
* feel that they are good parents.
© 2002 Insoo Kim Berg
Return to Home Page
Return to Solution-focused Brief Therapy Page